12.29.2010

a manifesto.

i can use that word, right?  manifesto?  according to wiki, a manifesto is a public declaration of principles and intentions.  i have to make this one public, or i just might not follow through on it.  so here you go....  

you never get the moment back.


i know this well.  it's been the driving force behind my foray into the photography world.

people who know me well would probably say that I'm crazy for taking something like this on in this time of our lives.
i'm busy.  
we're busy.

i agree.  i think i'm a little nutso.  i also know that i am doing a pretty lousy job of documenting our lives right now--because I'm busy.  i feel like this last year has slipped by with few pictures and almost no words to describe it.  i had a hard time finding the pictures for our Christmas card collage.  that's pretty crazy, considering how many shots i've taken these past few years.  



i've thought about this a lot, and decided that this is the best format for me to keep track of it, and for the entire family to have access to the info (rather than a book or album that only one person can have). 

i've set up a few rules for myself, because i can, and i know things might get a little hard.  i'm writing them here so I can stay accountable.  my goals:  get it down, document it, and throw in some things i want my kids to know.  my rules:






No comments:

Post a Comment